Meridian Kessler is known and valued for its solid and established character as expressed in its historic homes, mature trees, well-maintained yards, institutions and sidewalk-lined streets. It is a residential neighborhood with a series of commercial nodes that are easily accessible on foot. It is the goal of this plan to preserve and enhance the neighborhood’s essential character.
Neighborhood Character Recommendations and Actions
- Maintain the character of the neighborhood – building setbacks, heights, styles, materials and size, lot sizes and shapes, and mix of uses.
- Maintain the existing housing stock and discourage demolitions.
- Prepare a tree preservation plan.
- Maintain the topographic variations throughout the neighborhood.
- Create a unique high-quality environment and identity for the Meridian Kessler neighborhood through unified streetscaping (benches, bus stops, trash containers, lighting signage, etc.).