Monon Trail at 42nd Street
Why Critical: Major state institutions can be found on the east side of the Monon with the state School for the Deaf to the north and the State Fairgrounds to the south. Properties along the western edge of the trail at 42nd Street are zoned C-7.
- See Land Use and Design Recommendations for Monon corridor above.
- Storage buildings should be maintained and cleaned up.
- Properties should be landscaped to visually improve the appearance.
- Community gardens should be developed and made available to the residents within the neighborhood.
- Abandoned vehicles and houses should be reported to the Department of Code Enforcement and Marion County Health Department.
- Establish relationships with the State School for the Deaf and the State Fair Grounds to facilitate improvements along the Monon Trail corridor.